The Kasa Smart Plug and Google Home are both great products that provide users with energy-saving, automation possibilities, so it’s no surprise people wonder if they work together or not.
However, Google Home isn’t compatible with Amazon Alexa, so Kasa Smart Plug users have to choose one system over the other unless there’s a way to get them working together. Let’s take a look at what you need to do to connect your Kasa Smart Plug and Google Home!
So, does Kasa smart plug work with Google Home?
Yes, Kasa Smart Plug works with Google Home. It can be used to turn on or off your lights from anywhere in the world. It has three outputs: a wall plug, a dimmer switch, and a USB port. The app allows you to control your lights using voice commands or Google Assistant.
You can even use it as a security camera for your home by setting up motion sensors.
You can connect up to four devices at once, which means that you can control everything from one app (Kasa).
This is great if you have multiple devices that need to be monitored, like an LED light bulb and a smart thermostat, or an LED light bulb and a thermometer (which can be connected by Bluetooth).
Kasa smart plugs are compatible with Google Assistant, allowing you to control your home’s lights and appliances from anywhere in your home. You can use voice commands like “OK Google, turn on the living room lamp” or “OK Google, play music in the kitchen” to activate your Kasa smart plug controls.
What Is The Kasa Smart Plug?
The Kasa Smart Plug is a Wi-Fi-enabled device that lets you control and schedule the power to your plugged-in devices. The Kasa app is available on Android and iOS, allowing you to turn you are on or off devices using just a few taps.
It’s compatible with Alexa, so if you have an Amazon Echo or other Alexa-enabled device, you can use voice commands to control the plug instead of relying on your phone. Plus, Kasa Smart Plug works with Google Assistant for seamless integration into your home automation system.
How To Set Up The Kasa Smart Plug
The Kasa Smart Plug is a great way to automate any appliance, but you will need to set it up before using it. Follow the steps below to get the plug ready for use.
- Plug your desired device into the smart plug and turn it on.
- Download the Kasa app from either the App Store or Google Play and make an account if you do not already have one.
- Find and select the Kasa Smart Plug from your list of devices.
- Name the device something that will help you remember what it does (for example lamps).
- Choose a room to place the device in by selecting Add Room at the top of the screen.
- Select Next.
- Select Get Started.
- Press Next on all following screens until you reach the final screen where you can change or edit settings like turning off lights automatically when everyone leaves home, etc.
- Click on Finish to finish setting up and now your lights are connected!
The Kasa Smart Plug is compatible with the following products: Google Home, Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, IFTTT, and Samsung SmartThings. It’s compatible with Nest thermostats and Logitech Harmony remotes. However, you’ll need to have a good Wi-Fi connection for the plug to work properly.
Google Home Integration
The Kasa Smart Plug is a smart home device that plugs into any standard outlet. The Kasa app allows you to turn the plug on and off, set schedules, and check energy use in real-time. You can control your devices from anywhere in the world by scheduling them to turn on or off at specific times.
There are two different models of Kasa Smart Plugs for you to choose from: one that is compatible with Alexa devices and one that is compatible with Google Assistant devices.
Connecting your smart plug to your voice assistant will allow you to control the plug from your voice instead of a physical device like an iPhone or Android device.
If you’re wondering if the Kasa Smart Plug works with Google Home, then the answer is yes. You can use your voice to command your plug to turn on or off. It’s possible to set a schedule and have your plugs automatically turn on or off at specific times of the day.
As long as you have a Chromecast, TV, or speakers connected to your TV and are running Android 6.0+, you can cast music and movies from most services like Netflix and Hulu, as well as play games on Chromecast-enabled TVs such as PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
How To Use A Kasa Smart Plug With Google Home
If you’re looking for a way to control your lights and appliances through Google Home, the Kasa Smart Plug may be just what you need. These plugs work with a variety of smart home devices, including Google Home and Amazon Alexa. Here’s how to set them up and use them with your voice assistant of choice.
- First, ensure that your plug is plugged into an outlet and turned on.
- Then, open the Kasa app on your Android or iOS device (or download the desktop version) and select Add Device.
- In this menu, select Google Home as the device type. You’ll then be prompted to connect your new plug by scanning the QR code found on its backside or typing in its serial number.
- Once connected, you can name your plug whatever you like to make it easier to identify within the Kasa app.
- Finally, enter the same Wi-Fi password that is used on your phone when prompted so that Google Assistant will be able to find your newly connected Kasa smart plug.
Does Kasa Smart Plug Work With Google Home? Conclusion
Does Kasa Smart Plug work with google home? Yes! You can link your smart plug to Google Home using the instructions from above. Then, you’ll be able to turn off and on any plugged-in device using your voice. This is a great way to make your home more connected and less cluttered.
If you have multiple devices that you want to control with Google Home, this is a cost-effective way of doing so. The convenience of being able to say Ok Google and tell your plug to do something for you can’t be beaten!
If you enjoyed this article, check out our “Does Kasa Smart Plug Work With Alexa?” article here!