If you have recently purchased an Arlo camera, you may be wondering how to connect it to your WiFi network. In this article, we will show you how to do just that. By the end of this article, you should have your Arlo camera up and running on your very own home WiFi network in no time at all!
How to Connect Arlo Camera to WiFi in 3 Simple Steps
There are a few steps that you need to follow in order to connect your Arlo camera to your WiFi network. To do so, you need to:
Download the Arlo App to your Smartphone. The app is available for iOS and Android. Connect your smartphone to the same WiFi network as the camera. Download and install the Arlo app on your desktop computer if you plan to use it for time-lapse recording, motion detection recording, etc.
Step 1: Download the Arlo App to Your Smartphone
Arlo cameras are compatible with both iOS and Android smartphones. You can download the app by following these instructions:
1) On your phone’s browser, navigate to www.arlo.com
2) Once there, log in with your email address and password to get started.
3) Select the camera you want to control
4) Click the smartphone icon on the right side of the screen.
This will download the app on your smartphone. When it is done, you will be prompted to choose a password for your camera. Do not forget this password, as it will stop you from using it in order to receive alerts and recordings from your camera.
Step 2: Connect Your Smartphone to Your Camera’s WiFi Network
Connecting your smartphone to an Arlo camera’s WiFi network allows you easy access to all the features that the camera offers. You can also use your phone as a remote control.
Before you can connect your smartphone to the camera’s WiFi network, however, you need to enable it on the camera. This is done by following these steps:
1) Open the Arlo App on your smartphone and click on Connect to Camera. Alternatively, if the camera is visible on your home network, click its name in the list of cameras
2) In order to connect your smartphone to the camera’s WiFi network, click Connect and follow the prompts. If this is done successfully, you will see all available cameras on your Google Home Mini smart speaker or Echo Show device.
How to Use Arlo App on Your Smartphone
The Arlo app is available for both iOS and Android smartphones. You can set up and use the app by following these simple steps:
1) Open the Arlo app on your phone and click on Connect to Camera.
This should connect your phone to the camera’s WiFi network. Alternatively, if the camera is visible on your home network, click its name in the list of cameras. You will then see a list of all compatible cameras on your smartphone or tablet
2) As soon as you click Connect, you will be prompted to enter a password for your camera.
This password can be changed later by clicking Settings -> Set Password. Once you enter the password, click Connect, and your smartphone will now be connected to the camera’s WiFi network
3) Click on any of the Arlo cameras in the list in order to access its features.
You can then set up time-lapse recording and motion detector alerting and receive recordings from that camera.
Step 3: Download and Install Arlo App on Your Desktop Computer
If you want to use your Arlo camera to capture motion-activated video clips or record time-lapsed videos, you may want to download and install the Arlo desktop app on your computer. This will allow you to control your camera remotely as well as receive recordings from it. The desktop app is available for Windows and Mac.
1) Download the Arlo desktop app from the Arlo website.
You can do this by following these 5 simple steps:
1) Go to www.arlo.com and log in with your email address and password. Click Google Play on the top of the page and then click Download on the next page.
2) Once you have downloaded the desktop app, you will see a button called Install on your computer. Click this button in order to start downloading it to your computer
3) When it is done, you will be prompted to open the installer file. Click Open and allow it to run.
4) Follow the prompts in order to finish installing the app
5) Connect your desktop computer to the Arlo camera’s WiFi network.
You can do this by following these 3 easy steps:
1) On your PC, open your browser and navigate to your camera’s webpage. This is usually done by entering its IP address in the URL field of your browser.
2) Click on Connect from the menu bar on the left side of the screen. This will make your system automatically connect to your camera’s WiFi network
3) Once you have connected your PC to the WiFi network, you can install the Arlo app on it. Click Install on the menu bar and click on Next in order to finish installing the app.
At this point, you should be ready to use your Arlo camera’s features.
How to Configure Your Camera’s WiFi Settings
If you are new to setting up your Arlo camera and you have already installed the Arlo App on your smartphone or computer, then you should have all the required information to configure your camera’s WiFi settings. Follow these steps in order to configure them:
1) Open the Arlo app on your smartphone or computer.
This will allow you to connect with your camera. You will be prompted to enter a password just as when setting up the camera using its physical buttons.
Once it has been entered, click Connect and wait for a few seconds in order for the system to establish a connection between your phone and the camera’s network.
2) The next screen will have a list of all the cameras that you can connect to.
From here, you can start configuring your camera’s WiFi settings. When done, click on OK and proceed with the setup wizard.
3) When prompted, follow the steps in order to configure the WiFi settings on your Arlo camera.
You may need to allow access to your camera through your router’s firewall. This is usually done by choosing one of these two options in the first section of this window: Allow full access or Allow access from my network only
4) Next, tell Arlo which type of network connection you want to use.
If you are at home, then choose your home WiFi network. If you are away from home, then enable the option to use mobile data and enter your mobile phone number. Alternatively, enable the option to connect via a hotspot and select a WiFi network that is available in your area
5) The final step in configuring the WiFi settings on your Arlo camera involves entering the password for your WiFi router or hotspot.
An important thing to remember here is that if you have enabled a password for the WiFi network that you are connecting through, then this password will be entered automatically.
However, if you have used the option to connect through a personal hotspot on your smartphone, you may need to enter the password for that hotspot manually. You will also need to enter your phone number in this case
6) Once done, click Next, followed by Finish, in order to complete the setup process.
Your camera’s WiFi connection has now been configured, and it is ready to record video clips using the Arlo app remotely
How to Connect an Arlo Camera to Wifi – Conclusion
The Arlo Pro camera is a great addition to your home or office, especially if you want to be able to monitor what is happening around your property. It comes with a cloud-based plan that allows you to store recordings on a cloud server for up to 7 days.
You can connect your Arlo camera to your Wifi and router in order to store recordings internally and protect them against loss, theft, or vandalism.
If you enjoyed this article, check out our “How to Connect an Arlo Camera” ultimate guide here!