How do you reset your Philips Hue light bulbs if they’re stuck on an off-color? How can you make your Philips Hue light bulbs return to their original factory settings?
If any of these questions are running through your head, it’s good to know that there are several options available to you, and the answer will depend on what kind of Philips Hue device you own and the issue that you’re having. Read on to learn more about how to reset your Philips Hue bulb in a few easy steps!
Philips Hue is an amazing lighting system that works with your smartphone to give you incredibly controlled lighting. You can set it to turn on and off at certain times of day, or even just to change the color of your bulbs.
Philips hue bulbs are smart bulbs that can help you create the perfect ambiance for any room. Whether you’re looking to do some work on the couch, or want to make your living room feel like a tropical resort, Philips Hue can help you get the lighting just right.
But if you find that your lights aren’t working anymore, or they’re giving off an unexpected color, check out this guide to resetting your Philips hue bulb.
How To Reset Philips Hue Bulb In A Few Easy Steps!
1. Check The Power Source
If your Philips Hue bulb is not lighting up, try plugging it into an outlet and turning the power on. If the light still doesn’t turn on, there may be a problem with the bulb itself. To reset your Philips Hue bulb, please do the following:
- Disconnect from the app
- Uninstall the app from the device
- Reboot device
- Plug into the outlet and turn on the power
- Delete app
- Restart the phone/tablet without reinstalling the app
- Reinstall the app and log in
2. Unplug And Replug The Power Cord
If your bulb isn’t working as it should, you can reset it. Here’s how:
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet and the bulb.
- Wait about 10 seconds before plugging the power cord back into the wall outlet and then into the bulb.
- Press and hold down on the button on top of your Hue Bridge until you see a white light. This will ensure that all bulbs are receiving their proper instructions from your bridge.
To put them back into what we call pairing mode, press the bridge button for six seconds. After ten seconds, each bulb should flash 3 times before turning off. Now you can use the app to set up rooms and individual bulbs again. Happy lighting!
3. Remove The Battery
To reset your Philips hue bulb, you’ll need the following materials: A Philips hue bridge, the power source for the bridge, and some paper clips. To start with, remove the Philip hue battery from its housing. Next, take two paper clips and use them to connect two of the pins on the battery housing.
Make sure that they are not touching each other or else this will create a short circuit. Hold these two pins together for 30 seconds before disconnecting them again.
4. Use The RESET Button
- Press and hold the ON button on your bridge for 30 seconds.
- Remove power from the bridge by disconnecting the power cord from the wall outlet or using the built-in switch.
- Wait at least one minute, then plug power back into your bridge and wait for it to fully boot up.
- Press and hold the ON button on your bulb for five seconds.
- Release when you see an animation of a cube rotating, then press again when you see an animation of two cubes rotating side by side.
- Release the second time when you see an animation of three cubes rotating side by side.
5. Try A Factory Reset
If you want to completely reset your Philips Hue bulb, try the following steps:
- Press and hold the on button on the bridge or hub for 10 seconds.
- Remove power from the bridge or hub by disconnecting it from power and removing the batteries.
- Wait at least 2 minutes before powering on again.
- After powering on, allow up to 2 minutes before pressing any buttons on the bridge or hub to reactivate your bulbs after which they should work as normal again with no configuration required. You can also press and release the on button when powering up if you just need to reactivate one bulb rather than all of them – this should be sufficient.
A Process On How To Reset Philips Hue Bulb In The Philips Hue App
If you’re having trouble with your Philips Hue LED bulb, you can reset it. The process is simple and will get your bulb back on track.
1. Click The Philips Hue App
To reset your Philips Hue bulb, you’ll need to download the app and open it. Then, select the lamp icon at the bottom of your screen. Next, press and hold down the on/off button on your bulb for 15 seconds while keeping it pressed down until you hear a beep sound indicating that it’s been reset.
2. Add Bulb
Add the bulb to the app:
- Open the Hue app on your iPhone or Android device, then tap “My Home.” You’ll see a list of connected devices in this section.
- Select “Philips Hue Bridge” to add a new lamp to your home automation system.
3. Select The Lamp Icon
- Select the lamp icon at the bottom of the screen
- Click on it to open a menu that contains options for controlling your Philips Hue bulbs.
4. Press And Hold Down The On/Off Button On The Bulb
Press and hold down the on/off button on the bulb for 15 seconds. The light should start blinking 3 times to confirm that it has been reset. Now that you’ve reset your Philips Hue light bulb, you can connect it to your Hue Bridge again by following these steps:
- Connect your Bridge to power and then wait for it to finish booting up.
- If there is no red ring around its base when connected, unplug it from power for 5 seconds before plugging back in (this will allow its firmware update process to complete).
- Press and hold down the on/off button on the bulb for 15 seconds.
- Add a bulb to the home network.
- Select “Lamp” from the bottom of your screen, then click “Philips Hue app.”
How to Reset Phillips Hue Bulb – Final Thoughts
In this article, we’ve covered everything you need to know about how to reset a Philips Hue bulb. If you need to replace any of the components on your Hue bulb like the hub or the bulb itself you can reset it by following the steps in this article. We hope that this guide helps you make sure your Hue bulb is working at its best!
If you enjoyed this article, check out our “How to connect Phillips Hue to Alexa in 5 Simple Steps” article here!